It's amazing how people are so quickly to take offense and see what they want to see. It's getting more and more difficult to remain civil, something which seems to be problematic for many.
To answer avidnhlfan's questions:
1. No, a Saturn actually.
2. No, no stickers of any kind. I avoid NASCAR at all costs.
3. No, gross.
and Duke sucks.
I should have named this thread "Civility" instead. What's done is done.
Anyway, here is a good article by Caulton Tudor of the Raleigh News and Observer on Canada.com on this very subject.
Saturday, June 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hah. Fair enough. It seemed to me that he had combined the two of us in his mind.
In reference to that post, I wasn't calling avid a troll. Two separate parts of the post - if avid posted here and said that, he would be a troll. On another forum, that's his perogative. I was just answering the question I originally thought was directed my way.
...and Duke sucks.
"AMEN!!" said the UNC fan. *runs*
*comes back* Another AMEN to your NASCAR crack...I hate that "sport" with a flaming passion. But unfortunately, it is quite hard to escape...NASCAR, coupled with high school football*, is "be all, end all" of sportsdom in the Bluefield, VA/WV area. *sighs*
* - You know those license plate frames and window flags most college and pro teams have? Only around here will you see those for high school teams...specifically Bluefield High and Graham High... o_O
To Trolls:
It's amazing how people are so quickly to take offense and see what they want to see. It's getting more and more difficult to remain civil, something which seems to be problematic for many.
The rest is just an addendum, although I can try to make it more explicit. My point is that everyone is looking to fight and take offense at everything. If I wanted to call someone a troll, I would come out and say "Hey, asshole - you're a troll. Go away".
It really comes down to this for fans of any team, Hurricanes included:
1. If someone wants to talk hockey, you're welcome here.
2. If someone is rude or obnoxious, they can go away. I didn't invite them, so they're just party crashing. People choose to come here - they are not forced.
3. No one has the right to say what kind of hockey fan I am. I am not looking for anyone's approval. People think it is their right to judge, but it's not. We are all fans, and one's birthplace, race, sex, and age have nothing to do with it. They can do it on their own time, mutter to themselves, or whatever - it's not really my problem until they bring it here.
Enjoy the Finals. It doesn't come around all the time and who knows when either team will be back. Fans can choose to spend their time enjoying it for what it is or they can spend their time trying to ruin it for others.
Stormbringer: My wife went to UNC, so I won't throw down over that but.. well, UNC sucks too. :-P
Post a Comment