I have stumbled over at least one Edmonton poster on a message board that list their location as E-Town, so I decided to take a more indepth look.
Other "E-Town" links:
Urban Dictionary: E+Town and E-Town
E town is slang for the city of Edmonton (the city of champions). Edmonton is the capitol of Alberta Canada
Other slang for Edmonton is the EAC, The 780, the seven eighty, the city of champion, the city of champs
Etownsalsa
Get Down E-Town
VueWeekly
Lil Traveler Virtual Tourist
E-Town pics
E-Town Slammer
Concerts in E-Town
Cup Crazy in E-Town
I can go on. Google it - my blog was actually #6. Anyway, the point is I wasn't completely off-base with that. I even learned a few things on the way.
3 comments:
On the old jimrome.com boards we used to call it "Edmonchuk" because there are a lot of Ukrainians living there.
Mmmmm....garlic sausage and pierogi.
I can buy that. Game 2 should be interesting. Despite coming back on San Jose, I'm sure Edmonton doesn't want to try and come out of a 2-0 hole again.
EAC - I just re-read the entry and I immediately thought of Finding Nemo and the East Australian Current. Weird.
Post a Comment