- Doug Weight hasn't ruled out a return to the Canes, nor has he agreed 100% to return to St. Louis. To stay in Carolina, he would have to take a pay cut, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. I think Vasicek would have to go in order to make this viable.
- Frank Kaberle must be still on the Stanley Cup high, so the Canes need to jump fast - he said he would like to act quickly and sign with the Canes, presumably before July 1st. Getting him re-signed would be great news.
They also talk about the four big RFAs (Staal, Williams, Cole, and Commodore) and the problems encountered there with the new CBA. The penalties for poaching RFAs are considerably less steep than before.
3 comments:
Doug Weight is quite a surprise...I still like to think that for sure if we lose anyone first, it's him. But if Dougie is willing to take a paycut, I'll take him over the Czech Condor most days right now.
Glad to know Frankie has expressed wanting to stay with the Canes. That's one thing...JR actually re-signing him is another.
We'll see how the money situation works out. It'll be an interesting offseason.
I heard Erik Cole on 850 The Buzz a couple of weeks ago and he said he thought there was good chance Weight would stay. He said Weight has meshed really well with the team, and that he liked living in Raleigh (or Cary or wherever he lives around here).
Post a Comment