Thursday, June 01, 2006

To Buffalo fans

That was an amazing series. The Sabres are a great team and worth celebrating. Your team played hard and cohesive even when the locker room turned into an infirmary. Good luck next season. I'm sure the games between the Canes and the Sabres will have a little extra edge to them. These are the things from which rivalries are born.

After I wrote this, I was browsing the Carolina Hurricanes forum and came upon this post by a Buffalo fan.


SoBuffaloSabresFan said:
You know I appreciate your comments. But proud...Proud doesn't matter. This city is as proud as it gets, about this team...the Bills and our town. Anyone who still lives here is proud...to proud to leave when everyone else has told them to leave.

Thats why there is so much venom, Raleigh is the anti-Buffalo and Buffalo the anti-Raleigh. I have several friends down there, and I'll be honest I bristle when we talk about why they are not here. Its ALL a pride thing that why I live here...I'm too proud and stubborn to leave. To say I should be proud of my team? I all ready am, I just want to win and not have to make excuses.


I realize the guy is bummed because his team lost, but that actually makes me sad.

No comments: