Thursday, June 29, 2006

Game: NHL Ice Breaker

I'm in Columbus right now at the Origins convention. While I was there I met two guys from Ottawa (Fabio and his brother Paolo) who own and operate CSE Games. Anyway, I'm wearing my Stanley Cup Champion hat and I sit down to check out this NHL licensed board game. We talk hockey for a bit and finally demo the game.

It's simple and very cool - I'll probably buy it before I leave. Fabio told me the game will probably be in most team stores by later this year or sometime next year. They got the license through a Toronto-based company called Sport Fx.

Anyway, if you get a chance check them out and check out the game. For the record, it was Ottawa 2 Carolina 2 after two periods when I lit him up for a three goal outburst in the third in typical Hurricane fashion. We both had a good time chatting about our respective teams and the league in general. As I was playing, a guy wearing a Pittsburgh jersey came up to play. During the day I also saw someone wearing a Columbus jersey and someone wearing a Montreal jersey.

4 comments:

The Acid Queen said...

!!!

You got to go to Origins?!

Lucky sod.

If you see Randall Bills at the FanPro booth, tell him I said hey.

Chris said...

Yeah - I went last year too. I work with a small press gaming company. He lives in Columbus, so it's east for him to do this show.

Drew said...

Hope you had a good time in Columbus. It's a shame you couldn't have been here during hockey season to check out Nationwide Arena in action.

Chris said...

Yeah, Columbus is a great city. I'm sure I'll make it back during hockey season. The guy I was helping lives there, so it is entirely possible I'll be up to visit during hockey season.

If the Canes are in Columbus, we might have to make it out of principle.