Saturday, June 17, 2006

SCF - Game 6

I don't have a whole lot to say on this one. It was great to see Erik Cole back on the ice after so long. He had some trouble with his timing, something I hope should be fixed by game time on Monday. Everyone else seemed lazy, disinterested, and out of sorts. The Oilers came out on fire and deserved everything they got. Their power play was clicking tonight too, which was the major factor.

In a way, I get to witness history firsthand on Monday. Either the Canes will win in game 7 and win the first championship for the franchise or the Oilers will win three straight and make this Hurricanes team the first to drop a 3-1 lead since 1942. Regardless, the Cup will be awarded on Monday and I'll be there to see it.

2 comments:

Laura said...

All I have to say is, let Ron say it.

http://wralhurricanes.blogspot.com/

Chris said...

Well, I imagine the intent was that in one game, any team can win. It can come down to a bad bounce or unlucky break.

Personally, whoever wins it tomorrow deserves it and will be the best team to me, no matter who it is.