Looks like big Todd will be in Florida and we won't have to see the Greek Witch anymore.
To Vancouver: Roberto Luongo (G), Lukas Krajicek (D)
To Florida: Todd Bertuzzi (F), Bryan Allen (D), Alex Auld (G)
Link: TSN
I'm actually a Bertuzzi fan, even with the "incident". I think he was a great player and could be again if he could regain his focus. With the emergence of Olli Jokinen, the Panthers get a nasty first line.
Vancouver finally gets the goaltender they have coveted for years. That should make them happy.
Friday, June 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"Looks like big Todd will be in Florida and we won't have to see the Greek Witch anymore."
At the risk of nitpicking, isn't Luongo an Italian-Canadian? I swear I've read that somewhere...
*lol* He is indeed. I don't know who started it - someone on Fanhome I think - but they started calling him the Greek Witch due to his appearance and propensity from mystifying opposing (especially Carolina) forwards.
I wish I could point you to a specific person who started it, but I can't. If you go to those forums, I'm sure you'll see him referred to that.
I think he'll get past it eventually - he's got to get past it in his mind and start playing good hockey again though. If he starts to produce like the Todd of old, it will go away. Success cures most ills.
Post a Comment