Monday, June 19, 2006

Just bring it

I feel good about tonight. Better than game 5 or game 6. I slept well and was completely at peace when I thought about it. Win or lose, I'm OK. A couple of things to keep in mind for tonight:


  1. Erik Cole - it's his first home appearance after coming back in Game 6. He was probably the Canes' best player on Saturday and the rest of the team needs to match his effort. His timing was off, but that game did a lot to get some of that back.
  2. Joe Vasicek - he needs to be sitting in favor of Chad LaRose. He's not bringing enough to the table and Chad has played well for us through the entire playoffs.
  3. Cup Jitters - The Canes have played two games with the Cup in the building and a chance to win it. This will be the first for the Oilers. Will the jitters get to them now that they're not just "playing with their backs against the wall"? The Canes are facing elimination for the first time this series too, so it will be interesting to see how they respond.
  4. Oh Captain, my Captain - Brind'Amour needs to bring his game tonight. I do think he is injured, but he needs to step up tonight when his team needs him the most.
  5. First goal - The Canes have been giving up the first goal in almost every game. That needs to stop tonight. The Oilers need to be forced to play catchup instead of whackamole.
  6. Step up - Someone unexpected needs to step up and make a big play. Craig and Kevyn Adams (scoreless in the playoffs) would be a good start.


Great players seize great opportunities. Time for someone to step up and seize this one. Go Canes!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Anybody know why Brind'Amour didn't talk to the press this time?

Chris said...

Your guess is as good as mine. *shrug*

Roy said...

Congratulations -- Carolina was the better team. Great series! Post some pictures please.

Chris said...

Wow, what a game. I'll do what I can about pictures. Great series.