Saturday, June 24, 2006

NHL Draft

I would liveblog this if not for the fact that I won't be able to watch it live (wife's birthday celebration). I'm recording it so I'll comment on it when I get a chance.

Other than the obvious fun with trades, I'm curious to see if the Canes try to get homegrown talent Kai Kantola.

Well, it looks like I'll get to see the Blues draft Erik Johnson. Bettman is talking but I haven't really listened that closely. If he hurries up I can see what the Penguins do with #2, which is where all of the speculation lies.

Finally the Blues GM shut up and they picked Johnson. Took 'em long enough. Bettman announced a trade but it had nothing to do with the #2! Damn it. I have to go. Oh well, I'll listen on the radio and write later.

2 comments:

Roy said...

I wouldn't be too upset about not trading Jack Johnson for the No. 2 pick. Johnson has all the makings of a stud defenseman in this league.

Chris said...

I'm not upset - I was just curious if they were going to do it or not. I'm happy with JJ as long as he signs.