Tuesday, May 30, 2006

ECF - Game 6

Despite the loss, this was by far the best game of the series. The Sabres came out hard in the first, but we managed to hold them to only 1 thanks to the stellar play by Cam Ward. We had so many chances during the game to get more than 1 - Justin Williams shank on a wide open net comes to mind immediately - that still hurts.

Hedican got the game tying goal and the Sabres got the winner on an overtime powerplay. I'm not going to complain about the penalty, because it was a valid call, but it did look like either Brind'Amour or Williams was tripped just before the game winner. I'll have to look at the replay, but I was pretty pissed.

Staal's point streak ended, which is unfortunate. Now he doesn't have to worry about it - the only thing important now is Thursday night in Raleigh. Game 7. I don't think my nerves will be able to take it. I have to get a babysitter now. Elizabeth has to tell me if she can switch at work, since Thursday is her normal late evening.

Games 5 and 6 have both gone to overtime and both won by the home team. Game 7 should be absolutely insane. Go Canes!



I just watched the replay. Briere hooked Williams to set up the game winner. *sigh* No use crying over spilled milk. We'll just have to finish the job at home.

2 comments:

Roy said...

You're right about the penalty, it was a good call on Weight. Ward was spectacular in the 1st, it could've easily been 3-0 after 1. Cullen and Hedican played great. Game 7 could be legendary.

Chris said...

Yeah, I'm nervous. It's going to be amazing. So much pressure for both teams.