I would say that the games were night and day, only they weren't. Out of six periods played, the Hurricanes have really only played badly in 1 (the second period of game 1) and the Sabres were able to capitalize on it. The second period of the game tonight was impressive. Dominant, even.
The Canes controlled all facets of play and left the Sabres gasping for breath. Like I said after game 1, I saw a lot of positives and the Canes should come out on top tonight. I was right and then some. The power play was hot, even strength was tilted towards Miller, and the coaching staff made a great adjustment to get the guys to avoid all of the blocked shots.
What to take from this game: Miller let in a really soft goal in the third period on an unscreened Justin Williams wrist shot from the blue line. He misplayed it with his glove and it trickled in behind him. With the two late (meaningless) goals scored by the Sabres, that gaffe turned out to be the game winner. How does Miller respond knowing that the loss was on his horrible play.
Game 3 is on Wednesday in Buffalo. I think, despite the series being tied, the Canes have a definite sense of momentum and Buffalo has to do something to try and stop it. I think the pressure is on them, especially at home. We'll see how they react, but I think the Canes win another one tomorrow.
Oh, and if you happened to notice a woman in a red Canes jersey and red wig at the bottom of section 113 (near where the refs come out), that was my wife.
Post-Game Quotes
Goals of the Game
Flavor of the Game
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment