Wednesday, May 24, 2006

ECF - Game 3

Wow, that was the complete mirror of game 2 - mirror in that it was exactly the same, only in reverse. The Sabres dominated the second period and we came back in the third but to no avail. 4-3 loss, Sabres up 2 games to 1.

I was screaming at the TV in the second period, right after the Sabres second goal of the night. "Call a time out! Call a time out!" I could see the momentum was badly in need of a shift - Buffalo was firing on all cylinders and we were skating in circles. We looked good early in the first and from the last five minutes of the second on, but we just couldn't get it done.

Someone needs to lay a shoulder on Briere big time - he's getting a good pass and splitting the D. He's burned us twice badly and he needs to be stopped. Very frustrating game to watch. We'll have to come out with a better effort on Friday.

3 comments:

Roy said...

Dead on about Briere; he's killing your Canes. It's clear this series is destined for seven games, and I think Carolina will come out on top because Ward is a small notch above Miller.

Chris said...

I hope we can get it done tomorrow. With Tallinder out for the season, it should begin to wear on the Sabres defense.

Roy said...

That will definitely hurt, he was good at keeping the Canes' big guys away from the net.