I'm back, more or less. I was finally able to see a complete game last night and I'm going tonight, so I'm pretty happy on that front. It's been a while and life has been crazy. Anyway...
The Atlanta Thrashers are up to their old tricks - things start going against them and they throw an on-ice tantrum and start up with the cheap shots. Atlanta may be on top of the division, but as Rick Flair says: "To be the man... WHOOO... you gotta beat the man." They haven't.
The Penguins are blossoming. Last year Sid the Kid was on his lonesome and tearing up the league, now he has Jordan Staal and Evgeni Malkin taking the load off his shoulders. I'm happy for Staal; I know he had a ticket back to junior pre-printed, but he earned staying with his play on thei ce. Malkin is phenomenal - At least a goal in each of his first 6 games is an amazing feat, one not performed in 89 years. That team will be deadly for the next few years, depending on how the RFA contracts for Staal and Malkin iron out. They'll come up the same year, and that won't be nice on the Pens' payroll. Both players should hit free agency at about age 25. Yikes!
I'm not surprised at how poorly Boston is playing. I wasn't as impressed with their offseason moves as everyone else. I am surprised by Philadelphia though. That whole situation is insane. More surprising than either of those is that the Central division looks basically unchanged from last year; Nashville and Detroit at the top (reverse from last year) and the other three teams languishing in the cellar. I think Chicago has a better chance of the bottom three of making a move, but it all depends on Havlat getting healthy.
Thursday, November 02, 2006
Quick Hits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment