Thursday, November 30, 2006
Another meaningless trade
Derek Walser is back in Columbus (well, Syracuse) in exchange for Mark Flood. Basically he's a top AHL/#6 NHL defenseman. Whatever. This has no real effect on the Hurricanes and I'm curious what the reasoning behind it is. I understand the Isbister move - he was considered a pro and there is a limit on that calibre of player in the AHL. Is Walser considered the same?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Needless to say, I laughed out loud when I saw this in the paper this morning.
I have nothing against Walser, but how many former CBJ defenseman does our organization need? First we bring back Eriksson, now Walser.
Who's next, Kristov Oliwa?
I watched Walser for a few seasons in Syracuse. He BLOWS. I can't tell you how much more sleep I will get from now on knowing there is NO chance he will suit up in a Hurricanes uniform.
Post a Comment