2. If You Ran the NHL's TV Department, Name One Thing You'd Change About the Broadcasts.
I would focus more on some of the player's personal lives, especially about the charity work that they do in the community that quite often goes unrecognized. During the intermissions, show a side of the players that most people never see.
I think the round-tables they have on TSN and Sportsnet are really informative and interesting. They talk about what's going on in the sports as a whole and one of the reasons I enjoy watching the Canadian broadcasts more so than the American ones.
5. Name the Best and Worst NHL Play-by-Play Men.
John Forslund is the best for TV. Chuck Kaiton is the best for radio. (No, I'm not just being a homer. Kaiton is in the Hall of Fame and Forslund has been regularly picked by ESPN and Versus to do playoff games) Sorry, but I cannot stand Buffalo's Rick Jeanneret. He's the worst for me. I'd rather listen to fingernails on a chalkboard.
D'oh! I can't disagree with Chuck and the letter K, but Forslund is not the best TV play-by-play guy. For me, it's got to be Jim Hughson out in Vancouver. I love watching those late west coast games on Center Ice and listen to Jim on the call. Great stuff.
Rick "Screech" Jeanneret is annoying as hell to listen to with his... let's call it exuberance. I'm also not a big fan of Jack Edwards (Boston) or Joe Beninati (Washington). I don't think any of them are bad announcers, I just don't like listening to them.
10. Name your team's biggest "villain."
Scott Walker
If you asked people in Montreal, it would be an even split between Erik Cole and Justin Williams. Both players have rubbed other teams the wrong way, so I would think it would be a tie between the two of them. Scott Walker is a hard worker, but I wouldn't categorize him as a villain per se.
12. Best Fictional Hockey Fan: Tommy Gavin ("Rescue Me" - Rangers) or Dr. Perry Cox ("Scrubs" - Red Wings).
It has to be Tommy Gavin...are you kidding me? Denis Leary ROCKS.
Dude! Dr. Cox is the man!
No comments:
Post a Comment