Everyone seems to be covering the whole Jack Johnson issue, a story that has ebbed and flowed since he was drafted. This is covered in detail on CasonBlog, Red and Black Hockey, and Acid Queen. It's been done to death and I stopped caring a while ago. With that in mind, I'm officially putting an immediate moratorium on all Jack Johnson talk until he signs or is traded. Until then, nothing.
Last night, I played in my first hockey game in six months. The pain was much less than I anticipated, although I wasn't prepared for the exhaustion this morning. It wasn't even a late game (9:00 start) and I'm really tired. Still, I didn't do bad for someone who was worried he had forgotten how to skate. I scored two power play goals in a 7-3 victory. Our opponents, the White Flash, had 18 skaters compared to our 10. I've never seen a rec league team with a bench that full before; it was a bit odd. I even managed to pick up a two minute minor for slashing (pretty weak call, in my estimation) and played defense for the last ten minutes of the game.
Thursday, September 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment