As many of you know, I play Adult C League Hockey. For those of you who didn't know that, now you do. We had the lovely late game in Garner tonight - 10:40 PM start time, pushed back a little bit due to the overtime needed in the game before us (it ended 1-1).
This was the first game I had played in three weeks - I missed last week because of the vacation and the week previous because I was exhausted getting ready for the vacation. To make matters worse, we had our department Thanksgiving feast today - homemade blueberry pie and cherry cheesecake, turkey, ham, pasta salad, broccoli casserole, lemon mousse, pumpkin pie, pecan pie... just lots of goodies. I ate enough to not be remotely interested in dinner when I was home.
Anyway, I get out on the ice tonight. My team, Black Ice, is in fourth place in our division. Tonight was the last game of the regular season and also an interdivisional game - we got to play the fourth place team from the other division, Cisco. I was playing left wing on a line with Tank (Tom Tankelewicz) and John Fansler. We had a good night. Even though I was sucking wind in the first period, I still managed to score a goal on a one-timer from a nifty pass by Tank.
Once I got some air in my lungs (I borrowed Phil's inhaler) and had my legs under me again, I scored in the second period on a breakaway - I positioned myself between the puck and the defenseman chasing after me and caught the goalie moving as I popped the puck over his shoulder. I added an assist in the third period as I stripped a defenseman of the puck and passed it to Tank in front of the net.
We ended up winning the game 7-4 and Tank got the MVP for our team (1 goal, 3 assists). We have a week off for Thanksgiving and then start the playoffs on Thursday, the first of December, at 9:00 PM. Unfortunately, that is also the night Elizabeth works so if I don't find a babysitter for two hours, I won't be able to go!
Thursday, November 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment