I'm running behind a bit - I have family in town and the AC has been knocked out on our top floor, so the kids are sleeping downstairs where it's cool. Anyway, news is that Stillman's shoulder wasn't responding to treatment and he had to get it operated on. Unfortunately, the recovery is several months and he'll miss the start of the season.
I'm not really worried about it - we have plenty of guys going into training camp that can make a legit run at grabbing a forward spot. This gives some of them a chance to play at this level before Stillman returns. My initial guess is Walker will be promoted (assuming he's healthy) to play with Colsey and Staal or someone who plays his butt off in training camp gets a chance to see what he can do on the top line.
Sunday, August 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hadn't considered the idea of having Walker on the top line. Not a bad idea.
Would this involve promoting CrAdams to the third line, breaking up the "Adams family"?
That would make sense, leaving one of those slobs like Aucoin/Gove/Willis to fill in on the fourth line. As long as it isn't #36.
I would think Willis, LaRose, or someone else in camp who impresses would go onto the 3rd line. Rosie would be a last resort, just because of the chemistry on the Adams Family.
Staal - Cole - Walker
Brindy - Williams - Ladd
Letowski - Whitney - Willis/other
Adams - Adams - LaRose
A shame about Stillman. He's a class act all over the place (like I need to tell you that) Hopefully The Hurricanes are a deep enough squad that they can overcome his absence.
Post a Comment