Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hurricanes sign Boulerice

Two-way contract, $450,000/$75,000, according to TSN. He doesn't deserve a roster spot unless he has somewhere in the time between when he was traded to St. Louis and now developed the ability to do anything other than pummel someone with his fists. I'm not adding him to the Roster Update.
"Jesse has been working hard to prepare himself for the upcoming season," said Karmanos. "We know what he is capable of, and he understands his role in our organization."
Translation: He knows his ass will be in the AHL or, if there are injuries and we feel the need to beat someone's ass, on the bench except for a riveting 10 seconds of ice time where said beating will take place.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

My prediction is that Boulerice shows up in 10-20 NHL games and manages to wrangle 50 PIM out of said games.

Drew said...

At least Carolina didn't go bonkers like our favorite GM Dougie MacLean and offer an enforcer two years at around a million per.

Lucky you.

Stormbringer said...

All I can say is I figured Jesse would be signed as much as he was spotted in the Karmanos' luxury suite during this past season's playoffs.

But apart from the absolute rare moment where an enforcer type would be needed, I too am still baffled as to why the Canes got him back.

Chris said...

He can protect our prospects I guess. And defend Albany from invaders. Maybe now he can pursue his life-long dream of becoming a Super Hero.

Ingmar "W" Bergman said...

You got Tag!