Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Curious effort

I had to sell my tickets tonight because of kid logistical issues, but it's on at the house. And an interesting game it is. The Canes played like complete ass for the first two period then decided, on a whim, to be completely dominant in the third. Luckily, the lack of anything resembling effort in the first two periods left them tied at two, so when they decided to show up it turned a close game into a blowout. I'm not sure whether to be angry because they were lucky to be close after two or impressed that they can play that poorly for as long as they did and still be in position to win (and by a lot).

They just scored number six and the rout is on (Tripp said it just as I did). I can only shake my head. If they had this effort in the first two, the score might be even worse than it is currently.

No comments: