Sunday, January 15, 2006

Nothing could be finer...

Good sports day today. Elizabeth and I took in the Canes/Blues game today. First thing, it was Military Appreciation day and John Deere was giving away free hats at the door. I commented to Elizabeth that whenever there is a hat giveaway, a hat trick is soon to follow. The Blues jumped out quickly and scored two power play goals, mostly because the Canes weren't skating.

In the second period, the Canes came out and started to look like a first-place hockey team. Eric Staal came down the wing with speed and was stoned by the goalie (Sanford). I looked at Elizabeth and told her that Eric would break his drought - he looked hungry and healthy.

Long story short, Eric did indeed break his goal scoring drought and got the hat trick. I'm psychic!

We went home to find a smiling baby and smiling grandma waiting for us. I then turned on the Carolina/Chicago game. Cindy and Patty joined us soon after because Elizabeth was making dinner for everyone. Needless to say, Carolina pulled it out - shutting those punks in Chicago up while doing it. Anyone betting over on the points would have made out like a bandit, because I'm sure no one predicted 50 (29-21).

The Canes are in first place overall and the Panthers are headed to Seattle for the NFC Championship Game. The Wolfpack won and the Tarheels lost yesterday too. Nothing could be finer indeed.

No comments: