Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Big Time

Very exciting game at the RBC Center last night. The 'Canes scored 3 in the first and held off the Detroit Red Wings 3-2 in front of a capacity crowd. The game was a blast. A family of Red Wings fans sat in front of me - they were really nice. Evidently, the guy is stationed in Fayetteville, but he and his wife (and his two children and his parents) are from Michigan. His parents came down for the game and his birthday as a surprise.

It's nice to be able to deal with rival fans and not be nasty. We were friendly the entire night, cheering for our respective teams, and we shook hands after the game at both team's dynamite effort.

A Red Wings fan proposed to his girlfriend at the game and was chorused with a rain of boos. I'm sure they expected it, but it was kind of funny. She said yes and I'm sure they didn't even notice. Anyway, the game was televised nationally on OLN. I recorded it, so I might have to go through and watch it again to see what they did on the broadcast.

Update: A coworker told me he saw me on TV last night for the blink of an eye after the Whitney goal in the first period. I'll have to check out my recording tonight to verify. I'm getting my 15 minutes of fame in 1 second increments.

No comments: