Sunday, July 01, 2007

And our big spash is...

Jeff Hamilton

This fills our third line center role by the looks of it. My first impression was "Who?" I usually do a pretty good job keeping tabs on most players around the league, but I have to admit not knowing the first thing about this guy. He's cheap ($800K per in a two year deal) and he looks to have some potential offense in him. He's number 51, which isn't taken, so there's no issue there.

He'll also be thirty years old by the time the season rolls around. Considering this is the first I've heard of him, it's not exactly like he's been ripping apart the league or anything. Looking at his career stats though, he looks to have done well when given the chance. We'll see how it works out.

2 comments:

magnolia_mer said...

I'm willing to wait and see. He's fired up about coming to the Canes, so that might inspire some excellent play...

I'm optimistic.

Chris said...

Well, enthusiasm is always welcome. We'll see if it transfers over to the score sheet. I'm keeping an open mind - I think the guy might be able to play.