Tuesday, May 22, 2007

NBC/Game 5

I've held off so far in discussing the NBC Debacle with Game 5 of the Sens/Sabres series. I was watching the game with the sound off at a friend's house and just guessed that the game was on Versus after we noticed horses instead of hockey, so we all were able to catch Alfie's game winner.

The NHL has to be better than this. NBC is all about the ratings, which is all well and good, but if they're going to dump your sport for fucking horses, then they're out. No more hockey for NBC. Period. Go online, invest money in Versus to make it on every cable system in the nation, make Center Ice free - something! Anything!

Personally, I wouldn't mind getting some of the Canadian stations on our cable package. I would much rather watch Hockey Night in Canada than Versus anyway. If anything else, NBC needs to be booted.

No comments: