One of the Canes' best players, Erik Cole, was the victim of a cheap shot last night against the penguins. Brooks Orpik boarded him head first into the glass, receiving a 5 minute major and game misconduct. Erik was helped off the ice by trainers and did not return. Last thing I heard was that he is under evaluation at a Pittsburgh hospital for a neck injury. It's bad, but doesn't sound too bad. He has feeling and movement everywhere, so that's good. I've also heard some reports from fans that he broke his nose. Not surprising considering how it happened, but still not fun. Still, it pissed me off when I saw it and I'm waiting to hear what the NHL will do to discipline Orpik.
[Update 1]
The latest news is that Cole is back in Raleigh to be examined by team doctors. That's great news because we have really good hospitals here and he was well enough to travel. He obviously is hurt enough not to play soon, as the team is on a 5-game road trip. With any luck it will be a relatively short injury. The important thing, after his health, is that he is back for the playoffs.
[Update2]
Cole is out 6-8 weeks with a fractured vertebrae. Ouch.
[Update3 3/6/06]
The fucker only got three games. What a joke.
Monday, March 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment